Make your Sunday roast beef leftovers go further with this spicy coconut massaman curry recipe. Topped with crunchy peanuts, it’s ideal for feeding a crowd and gives your leftovers a new lease of life.
Read more at https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/beef-massaman-curry.html#Adviyupsxi1qtT2O.99
- 1½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 250g Thai jasmine rice
- 2 x 246g packs 3-step Thai massaman curry kit
- 400g new potatoes, cut into 2cm-thick slices
- 550g cooked roast beef (use leftovers from a roast if you have them), sliced into bite-sized chunks
- 175g pack baby corn and mangetout, corn halved lengthways
- Heat the oil in a deep, lidded frying pan or wok and add the onions. Cook over a low heat for 10 mins until soft and lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, bring a large lidded pan of water to the boil and add the rice. Cook for 10 mins, then drain, return to the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Add the massaman paste to the onions, cook for 1 min, then add the sliced potato and stir until coated. Pour in the coconut milk, add the star anise, then increase the heat and bring to a simmer. Cover, and cook for 15 mins or until the potatoes are tender. Add the beef, corn, mangetout and 150ml water. Cover, reduce the heat and cook for 5 mins until the vegetables are cooked and the beef is heated through.
- Top with the peanuts and serve with the rice alongside.